Genres: Spoken word, theatre, performance, poetry, creative non-fiction
Montreal: Le Divan Orange * Café L’Artere * Burritoville * Concordia University * McGill University * Le Cagibi * Sala Rossa * Ste Emilie Skillshare *Studio XX * Skol Gallery *Café Touski * Concordia University
Toronto: The Drake Hotel,
Kingston: The Sleepless Goat
Kitchener-Waterloo: The Boathouse
Halifax: The Khyber Centre
Vancouver: The Rio Theatre * Café Deux Soleils * Rhizome Café
– Excerpt of “Swallowing Chains” solo theatre show, Arise Residency Showcase (Upcoming, June 2015), Toronto, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
– Spoken word performance, Kitchener Waterloo Poetry Slam featured performer (January 2015), Kitchener-Waterloo, The Boathouse
– “No,” EROS Frankenstein performance showcase (October 2014), Montreal, SKOL Gallery
– Spoken word performance, Alt-frosh Kingston Poetry Slam featured performer (September 2014), Kingston,The Sleepless Goat
– Spoken word performance, The Centre for Gender Advocacy Present Rae Spoon, Lady Sin Trayda, and Elena Stoodley (August 2014), Montreal, La Sala Rossa
-Spoken word performance, POCTalk Kingston featured performer (July 2014), Kingston, The Sleepless Goat
– Spoken word performance, Festival du texte courte (May 2014), Sherbrooke QC
– “No,” Radical Queer Semaine Presente: Secte Orale (April 2014), Montreal, Café Touski
– Spoken word performance, “Wax the Moon” Showcase at the Canadian Festival of Spoken Word (Nov 2013), Montreal, La Sala Rossa
– Howl November 2012 Concert, opening act for d’bi Young anitafrika and Kalmunity Vibe Collective
– HTMlles Festival Risky Telling Artist Panel: panelist and featured performer (Nov 2012)
– self/lust: 2qtpoc performance art show curator and featured performer (2012)
– Canadian Independent Slam 2012 (Finalist)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neSdTos11nM
– “Opium Dreams” (with visual artist Emily Yee Clare) QPIRG Concordia: Art in Action (March 2012)
– Canadian Festival of Spoken Word 2011 (Montreal Slam Team)
– Radical Queer Semaine: STALLE Performance Art Show (January 2012)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abmINUTJUNE&feature=related
“Someone Tell Me That I’ll Live: On Murder, Media, and Being a Trans Woman in 2015.” xojane. Published online, Feb 2015. http://www.xojane.com/issues/someone-tell-me-that-ill-live-murdered-trans-women-2015.
“Kai Cheng Thom to _______.” Where the Nights are Twice As Long: Love Letters of Canadian Poets. Ed. Dave Eso and Jeannette Lynes. Goose Lane Editions. 2015.
“yellow boy, you femme femme fabulous,” “Green Boy,” New Queer Writing Issue, Matrix Magazine. 98. Spring 2014
“Booty Brothers,” “Sister Shadow”. OutWrite: A Queer Review. Spring 2012.
“so they asked, me, what will you be”, “freudian this”, “palmz”. ditch: the poetry that matters. published online, Fall 2012. http://www.ditchpoetry.com/ryanthom.htm.
ARISE Residency (Buddies in Bad Times Theatre) 2015
Anchor Archive // Ink Storm // Sad Rad Residency 2015
Banff Centre for the Arts Spoken Word Residency 2013
SwallowingChains: Spoken word and movement theatre monodrama/solo play
Combat Poetry: Solo spoken word poetry show exploring survival, violence, and suicide in queer and racialized communities.
Opium Dreams: Collaboration with visual artist Emily Yee Clare. A series of mixed-media protraits of diasporic Chinese and mixed Chinese youth combining photography, watercolor painting, and poetry. The portraits combine contemporary diasporic experiences with traditional Chinese legend. Peformances excerpted from a book-in-progress and accompanied by projections of visual art.
Community Art Education
Asians Arts Freedom School – Montreal Branch Coordinator (2014-15)